I don`t need Mohe Rang De today

I don`t need Mohe Rang De today
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 12:55 IST
By Santa Banta News Network
Arjun Bijlani who is playing the lead in the new show Miley Jab Hum Tum on Star One asserts that today he is what he is, thanks to his debut with Left Right Left and not Mohe Rang De and hence he has no qualms for having walked out of Mohe Rang De after shooting for the show.

In fact Arjun says that it was Endomol who are producing Miley Jab Hum Tum who had offered the show first to him when he was acting in Left Right Left even before he had bagged Mohe Rang De.

"I declined to be a part of Miley Jab Hum Tum because its launch was delayed and I accepted Mohe Rang De. Luckily for me, the producers approached me again when I was working in Mohe Rang De."

Why did he walk out of Mohe Rang De? "I was not happy with the way my character in Mohe Rang De was shaping up. When I was offered the role I was told that mine was a parallel lead role, though I realized that in a 1940 period serial, I was just essaying a character.

I had even put on weight to get into the skin of my character. When I accepted Miley Jab Hum Tum, I told the producers of Mohe Rang De that I had taken up yet another show and hence would not like to do two shows at the same time.

Though I had signed a one year contract with them, I felt that I deserved better. I did not ditch them at the eleventh hour. I gave them notice."

Is there any bad blood between him and Deeya and Tony since he had walked out of Left Right Left? "I do not hold any grudge against Deeya and Tony.

Nor do they hold any against me. They had even offered me their new show but I could not accept it because I am pre- occupied with Miley Jab Hum Tum. After working for a year in Left Right Left, I did ask for a hike since I was getting just peanuts.

Though we had been signed for an exclusive contract, to our chagrin, we realized that our characters did not progress or graduate in any way. We wanted to quit when we were not given a hike. They cast new faces in the show when we refused to renew our contract for the third year, but had to wind the show."

Arjun insists that he has always been a thorough professional though the media has labeled him a walk out specialist.

"Ask any producer with whom I have worked till date. I have always adjusted in terms of dates and done my shows sincerely. If you ask the Mohe

Rang De guys, though I had walked out of the show, they will tell you that I had never ever thrown tantrums." Arjun is not ready at all to be a part of saas bahu shows. "I do not want to do any saas bahu shows because I prefer to be part of young shows.

The fact I is that I want to aim for a career in Bollywood and I do not want to be over exposed as an actor. Once I move onto films, I would never ever come back to TV, because I am using TV as my passport to films and have no qualms to admitting it."
Sanjay Dutt calls The Bhootnii a perfect horror-comedy blend and reveals what made him come on board for the film!

Renowned for his intense performances and larger-than-life screen presence, Sanjay Dutt is set to

Friday, April 04, 2025
Sara Ali Khan Embraces Spirituality at Karnataka's Chandramauleshwara Temple!

Actress Sara Ali Khan, known for her elegance and grounded nature, once again showcased her deep spiritual

Friday, April 04, 2025
Tanya Maniktala reveals what makes her latest series Loot Kaand a compelling watch on Amazon MX Player!

Amazon MX Player, Amazon’s free streaming service, turned up the heat with its latest series, Loot Kaand, a

Friday, April 04, 2025
Shilpa Shetty emphasises perseverance as the key to success at Femina Circle's empowering debut in Pune!

Femina Circle, is an exclusive membership club designed for women to connect, foster meaningful

Friday, April 04, 2025
Badshah Gets Emotional Remembering Sidhu Moose Wala During 'Indian Idol 15' Finale!

The grand finale of ‘Indian Idol Season 15’ turned emotional as rapper and music sensation Badshah

Friday, April 04, 2025
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT